This Baroque palace was named after its last aristocratic owners, the Gallas (later Clam-Gallas) family. General Matthias Gallas acquired the palace in 1634 as confiscated goods after helping to organize the assassination of the powerful military leader Albrecht von Wallenstein and his officers, including the palace's original owner. In 1714 the leading architect J. B. Fischer von Erlach was charged with refurbishing the palace in the then fashionable High Baroque style, with statuary created by Matthias Bernard Braun. During the 19th and early 20th centuries the palace was put to a variety of uses: as offices, apartments and, at one point, to store hay. From 1945 onwards it housed the Prague City Archives, part of which is still located in the palace to this day. The palace is currently used for social and cultural events.
Exhibitions:
Program:
Space Talks
Space Walks – meeting point
The Cloud Installation
Best Scenography Publication Award
Breakfast with Reija
Practical:
Accreditation Center
Café
Shop
Box office
Press Center / Guest service
Cloakroom
WC
Opening hours:
Exhibitions: 18. – 28. 6., 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., 19. 6., 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Accreditation center: 15. -28. 6., 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Disabled access:
There is no disabled access to the building.
Transport connection:
Tram nos. 17 and 18 – Staroměstská
Metro A – Staroměstská
Address:
Husova 158/20, Prague 1 - Old Town